records that Malabar Point was the occasional retreat of Governor
Medows (1788-1790). Sir Evan Nepean (1812-1819) lived here in a small
In 1880, Sir Richard Temple initiated the formal transfer from
Parel. The early residence and office was known as Marine Villa. From
this aesthetic bud, Raj Bhavan would bloom into a community of
estates, adorning 49 acres of land, laced by beach and forest.